Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, May 06, 2004

They don't get it.

Rush Limbaugh thinks torture and sexual humiliation is nothing more than kids "having a good time":

CALLER: It was like a college fraternity prank that stacked up naked men --

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You of heard of need to blow some steam off?

And then, the requisite slap at liberal Hollywood:

LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage. Maybe I'm -- yeah. And get an NEA grant for something like this. I mean, this is something that you can see on stage at Lincoln Center from an NEA grant, maybe on Sex in the City -- the movie. I mean, I don't -- it's just me.

Boy, I missed that part of the Geneva Convention where it exempts soldiers from sticking lanterns in people's asses if they're just "blowing off steam." War is hell, after all. Making Limbaugh... Satan? No, that'd be giving him too much credit. After all, we know that he doesn't blow off steam through sexual degredation... he does it through popping 3,000 painkillers.

|