Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Sorry no post yesterday

I'm sure the uproar on the Web was, um, uproarious, but I was nowhere near an Internet terminal yesterday.

And I've been so swamped at work, I haven't heard much to report upon today, although it seems to me CNN is carrying the water for this Reagan legend thing WAAAY too much, even compared to Fox News. On Inside Politics today, literally one of the headlines to a story read, "Kerry and Bush Learning From the Master." Since when was Reagan anointed the master of anything? Where is all of this coming from? Because they're doing the things politicians have done for the last 100 years (staying optimistic, "believing" in the people of America), they're all suddenly Reaganites? Another headline read "Reagan Barely Mentioned on Campaign Trail So Far." Yeah, and I don't see Millard Fillmore getting a lot of mentions either! Why are our leaders ignoring him? And how can they get through a stump speech without invoking the name of Martin Van Buren?

Just a random thought.

|