Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Yet ANOTHER Bush flip-flop on intelligence

Picture a Kerry speech in rural Ohio. He stands at the podium and says:

"The President woke up today with a new poisition on the crucial issue of intelligence reform. The way I see it, it's about his 8th position on how to fix our intelligence community and make our country safer. First he said that a National Intelligence Director shouldn't have any budget authority.  I disagreed with him. Now, after trashing my intelligence record and my ability to protect the country, the President now agrees with me that the National Intelligence Director should have budgetary control. I'd like to thank my opponent for coming around to my side."

Here's the story:

Sept. 8 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush said a new U.S. national intelligence director ``ought to have full budget authority,'' and Congress should pass legislation to strengthen counter-terrorism services after the Sept. 11 attacks.

The legislation should be passed ``as quickly as possible,'' Bush said before meeting with Republican and Democratic congressional leaders to discuss the measure. ``After all, we're still at war.''


Why can't George Bush get his story straight on intelligence?

|