Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Good God

I must admit to some surprise at yesterday's results. But in the end, I think I believed a little too much in reason, a little too much in thinking, a little too much in the power of argument. It's what I've always believed in.

But the truth is, this was a theocratic takeover. Initially, I was going to write that God + fear won this election. But after thinking about it, I had to drop the fear thing. Sure, fear of terrorism was a factor, but the states that are likely targets of terror (CA, NY, IL) went for Kerry. Really this election wasn't Kerry v. Bush; it was Kerry v. God. By all means, I'm not saying that Bush is God, but that to a significant portion of the electorate, God is more important than politics.

I'll write some more on this later, but that's the sentiment.

|