Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Rather Done

Hold your ears from the screams from the right.  CNN is reporting that Dan Rather will step down March 9 of next year.

I can hear Powerline now... "We did it!  We are the overlords!"

Rather will forever be tainted by the Memogate thing, but the truth is he's probably figuring "I'm getting old, and I don't need to do this anymore."  This leaves only Peter Jennings among the old guard.  

Which channel do you think will blink first and dissolve their news division altogether? Bob Zelnick of Boston University actually suggested this on CNN just now, which kind of stunned me. The network news is a dinosaur that simply cannot compete from a profit standpoint, and the accumulated prestige is now negligible. I'm not sure it's worth it to them to keep going anymore.

|