Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Got Bluggered Last Week

Between New Year's in New York, and a problematic Blogger server, posting was, shall we say, light last week. Needless to say I think the rest of the blogosphere picked up the tsunami story for me. I gave to the Red Cross, I have no idea which aid outfits are better or worse, in fact I'm in the midst of a travel book about Africa that suggests aid and development has nothing but a negative effect on that region of the world. The argument among conservatives and liberals about "are we giving enough" is I think irrelevant, on both sides. How about doing whatever YOU can instead of finding joy or fault in the federal government. Anyway, federal aid is often the worst managed, the worst implemented, and the least effective.

Yeah, it was tacky to initally pledge $15 million when the inauguration will cost three times that. But the scope of the problem was not widely known at that time. I don't think you can put a number on human suffering. The point is, you can go to Google and find 100 or so links to give relief aid, so go ahead and do your part and shut up about it.

More later.

|