Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, March 28, 2005

Back from the road

There's a lot to be said, but it will have to be saved for later. For now, let me say that 1) I am very upset that I had to cross a picket line this weekend (because the hotel my company booked me into was involved in a labor dispute, and I wasn't allowed to change), and 2) in my email inbox, there has popped up one of the greatest opportunities for activism I have yet seen. I print in full:

From: "American Family Voices"
Subject: Diagnose me, Dr. Frist!
 
Senate Majority Leader, and doctor, Bill Frist (R-TN) has the uncanny ability to diagnose patients by simply looking at a picture or a video. Some folks are concerned that he committed a bio-ethical violation, but we say, think of the opportunity!

Take a digital picture or video of your medical problem – tennis elbow, acne, runny nose, hemorrhoids, or whatever ails you – and send it to the doctor in charge of the US Senate and your health care.

Tell Dr. Frist you want him to diagnose it and get Congress to pass a law prescribing treatment.

Send us pictures or videos of your ailments and we'd be happy to pass along to the doctor himself. Please email us at afv@americanfamilyvoices.org, or mail them to us at Diagnose Me Dr. Frist! 888 16th Street, NW Suite 303, Washington, DC  20006. 

Please visit our web page at http://action.americanfamilyvoices.org/petition/ to sign our petition and diagnose Dr. Frist for yourself as grossly incompetent and downright unethical!  Don't you have friends with ailments of their own: coughing, stuffy head or fever?  Perhaps they live in a red state which just about guarantees no wait time for you in Dr. Frist's office.  Let them know that the good doctor can diagnose, maybe even cure them too. 
.....

I urge you to send in those photos!

|