Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, March 21, 2005

Here We Go Again

This graf in the AP piece about the court proceeding today in the Schiavo case struck me...

But the judge told Gibbs that he was not completely sold on the argument. "I think you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that you have a substantial likelihood" of the parents' lawsuit succeeding, said Whittemore, nominated by former President Clinton in 1999.

I knew this whole thing was Clinton's fault! Wait until Rush tells me tomorrow what this has to do with Monica and Vincent Foster! Maybe Terri Schiavo IS Vincent Foster! Or Webb Hubbell! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

The effort to demonize the judiciary, fully 1/3 of the federal government, continues. Why are Republicans in the Senate bothering to use the "nuclear option" to break filibusters on judicial nominees if these judges will just stab you in the back anyway? Wasn't that guy who declared California's same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional a Republican? How about we use the nuclear option on judges! Like a two-megaton bomb?

(The preceeding paragraph is what I imagine a conversation at the Focus on the Family offices to be like.)

|