Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Syrup

I'm glad that Terri Schiavo is free of pain and at peace.

I'm saddened that those of us still alive to see her final days twisted into a media circus and conservative rallying cry will not be at peace for a long time. The lugubrious daylong tributes on CNN don't exactly help either. When Jeff Greenfield said "This is something important, not just something to fill up time on the news channels" I wanted to punch him in the face. Or at least stick a camera in his mug while his mother slips away. Butt out of my life and I'll butt out of yours.

I'll leave you with this brilliant statement:

"This loss happened because our legal system did not protect the people who need protection most, and that will change. The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior, but not today. Today we grieve, we pray, and we hope to God this fate never befalls another.

Culture of life, see.

RIP, Terri.

|