Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Thank Voinovich

Here's a web form you can use to thank Sen. George Voinovich from Ohio for having the courage to speak out against the nomination of John Bolton today in a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing. He needs to hear from constituents, obviously, but even those out of state have a cause to let him know we support his efforts today. Here's my letter:

Senator:

I am not a member of your party, and I must admit I disagree with you on a variety of issues. But I want to thank you for your courage in today's Foreign Relations Committee hearings. You are that rare bird (lately) in American politics: an honorable politician. I take you at your word when you expressed serious reservations over the nomination of John Bolton to be UN Ambassador, that you were swayed by new allegations that cast his career in an unfavorable light.

I urge you to continue to be a voice of reason and consideration on the Foreign Relations Committee. Thank you for your efforts.

Sincerely,
David Dayen
citizen

|