Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, April 08, 2005

Wolf Blitzer is a f**king assclown

About 5 minutes ago on CNN, Leslie Blitzer brought on Crossfire hosts Paul Begala and Robert Novak. Both are Catholic (in fact, CNN ran this long vomit-inducing story the other day about Novakula's conversion to Catholicism, which I think included some sort of blood drinking).

Here's how Leslie introduced them (transcript from memory).

"I'm here with Paul Begala and Bob Novak, two good Catholics, well, I don't know about good, I mean, Bob Novak's a good Catholic..."

Begala actually got his back up, deconstructing Blitzer's transparent coding:

"Now wait a second, Wolf, that's offensive. I named my son John Paul after this Pope. And I'm not going to take this idea that liberals are somehow not good Catholics."

He went on to talk about how some graphic flashed on the screen during a recent CNN report said "Most Catholic positions are conservative." He rightly noted that a good many of them are also liberal (he confined it to anti-death penalty and a lack of support for the Iraq War, though there are far more).

Here was Leslie's mea culpa:

"I was just kidding, Paul. You shouldn't be so sensitive."

I want to punch that smug sonofabitch in the face. By the way Novak was smirking the whole time.

Begala was right to push back against the automatic aligning of good Catholics with conservatives, of God with the GOP. Like Sen. Obama said, "We worship an awesome God in the blue states." This is slander masquerading as conventional wisdom.

|