Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Saturday, May 07, 2005

We just cut her taxes

It's a good thing we did repeal the unfair inheritance tax so productive members of society like this can get the trust funds they deserve:

Q: So how would you describe your occupation?

PARIS HILTON: I don’t know. I’m an actress, a brand, a businesswoman. I’m all kinds of stuff.

Q: Do you read what’s written about you? Do you pick up the tabloids?

HILTON: I don’t read any of it. I just look at the pictures to see what I was wearing last week and if it was cute.

[snip]

Q: What kind of wife would you be?

HILTON: A good one. I’d cook and clean.

Q: What would your children’s names be?

HILTON: Paris and London.

Q: Paris for a girl? London for a boy?

HILTON: Yeah.

Q: Why are you so popular?

HILTON: I don’t know, because of who I am. I’m not like anybody else. I’m like an American princess.

Q: What would you be like if you were -- I don’t know -- Paris Smith?

HILTON: I’d be the same. Maybe I’d be a veterinarian.

Q: In your career, what are you most afraid of happening?

HILTON: I don’t know. Nothing.

Q: Nothing? What about in your personal life?

HILTON: I don’t know. Death.

Q: Why? What’s so scary about death?

HILTON: Because I don’t know what happens.


You know, I thought it was a little unfair during the "death tax" debates for Democrats to use Paris Hilton's name to make their arguments. After all, the real issue was concentration of wealth. Why did we have to reduce it to "Paris Hilton gets a tax cut instead of ordinary Americans like you"?

Well, I just changed my mind.

(By the way, it's officially OK to make fun of Paris Hilton on the Internet because, as she says in the interview, she doesn't know what a blog is. It's kind of like talking crap about the Amish on the radio.)

|