Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, July 18, 2005

Crystal Ball

July 18, 2005: "I would like this to end as quickly as possible so we know the facts, and if someone committed a crime, they will no longer work in my administration."

August 31, 2005: "I want to get to the bottom of this as much as y'all do, and I want the American people to know, if someone is convicted of a crime, they will no longer work in this administration."

September 15, 2005: "I just want all Americans to have my word on this, that if anyone is convicted of any crime except for outing a CIA agent under the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, they'll be fired. I mean the jaywalkers are out of here."

October 27, 2005: "America can be sure of one thing: if anyone leaked the name of a CIA agent, as long as her name doesn't begin with the letter 'V', that person will be taken care of."

November 17, 2005: "As the investigation winds down, I want the whole world to know that anyone who has to serve more than 15 years in a federal penitentiary will absolutely be fired."

January 6, 2006: "Make that 20."

March 11, 2006: "I've made this very clear to the American people.  Anyone who commits more than one crime in my adminstration, they're right out the door.  See that door?  They';; be on the other side."

June 19, 2006: "I don't think I'm misleading the public.  I've said over and over again that anyone in this administration that is now living in a correctional facility, other than the Petersburg Federal Correctional Complex in Virginia, will be dealt with accordingly.  I don't want those kind of people in this administration."

August 8, 2006: "Anyone who killed a man won't work here anymore.  Period.  Got that?"

September 11, 2006: "How can you ask me that question.  You know what day it is?  It's September 11th!"

December 18, 2006: "This is the last time I'm going to answer this.  I understand the concern of the American people on this matter, and the general feeling of corruption in my Administration.  That's why, come January 2009, I will be firing my entire staff.  They're on 2 years' notice starting now.  Thank you."

|