Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday night Boston Terrier blogging



She had knee surgery about a month ago. Allow me to rant for a moment about the atrocity that is Veterinary Pet Insurance.

So she had this thing called a luxating patella, where the knee goes out of its socket intermittently. I shop around, and the surgery she'd need costs about three grand (welcome to Southern California, where everything costs twice as much!). I've had this pet insurance for about 2 years now, never used it. Finally, I figured I'd get something out of this thing for which I pay a little over $30/month.

No siree. It's "a congenital or hereditary condition," so they don't cover it. Now, I have bad eyesight. My father has bad eyesight. Would my insurance provider turn me down for glasses because my bad eyesight is hereditary?

What a bunch of B.S. The field of pet insurance is so new that they can get away with murder. I advise everyone against VPI until they get their act together.

p.s. The dog's doing fine, she's walking again (albeit tentaively).

|