Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, September 02, 2005

I Got Nothing

Really at a loss for words. This whole sorry mess has me incredibly depressed. I've given, and I'll likely give some more. It's every citizen's repsonsibility to do so.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin's interview today on WWL Radio was mind-numbing. What he's saying is absolutely correct. He did not help matters by telling people to evacuate and giving them no means to do so. But according to the interview he tried for days to get through to Baton Rouge and Washington the severity of the impending danger.

This is a repudiation of 25 years of Republican ideology. Think about it. The government is the problem. We can't help you, you have to help yourself. Environmental activists are wackos and kooks and tree-huggers. Defense spending will save us all. The poor don't need assistance, just opportunity. Every single one of these absolute truths on the right are being as systematically laid to waste as is the great city of New Orleans.

I'm glad that the President has repsonded by finally saying that the federal effort is insufficient. I'm saddened that it's taken this long, allowing the flooded city to devolve into chaos.

I heard a story on Democracy Now of a 2 year-old being raped to death. I can't go on with this.

|