Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, January 06, 2006

D-Day Recommends!

I just picked up Vonage, and I have to say I'm incredibly impressed. For less than the price of a standard land line, you get unlimited long-distance calling through the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, a slick voicemail system, call waiting, call forwarding and caller ID. They email you when you have a voicemail message, which for me is great (as I'm often on email more than near my phone anyway). You can also keep the same number you currently have. My number isn't officially ported over, it takes up to 20 days, but I don't forsee any problems. And the sound quality is just fine.

You need broadband to get it (as it works through your high-speed service rather than through a phone line), but it's well worth it.

|