Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Ultimate Sacrifice

The world's most endangered incumbent, Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, did something absolutely astounding the other day, and he did it on local television.

He compared his election campaign to soldiers fighting abroad:

"And yet we have brave men and women who are willing to step forward because they know what's at stake. They're willing to sacrifice their lives for this great country. What I'm asking all of you tonight is not to put on a uniform. Put on a bumper sticker. Is it that much to ask? Is it that much to ask to step up and serve your country?"


There's video at the link.

I would consider it the ultimate sacrifice to put a Rick Santorum bumper sticker on my car. I mean, I have a history of back injuries. What if I should throw out an L-2 disc while fastening the "Vote Santorum" message to the bumper?

Sure, over in Mesopotamia they're dodging IEDs, but seriously, we're talking about PUTTING A BUMPER STICKER ON here! That's hard work!

Please, Pennsylvania, make me proud of my home state and throw this bum out... although his challenger isn't exactly earning his party's praise either with recent statements. Why is Bob Casey so myopic to overlook Alito's record on worker rights, supposedly one of Casey's major concerns? Puzzling.

UPDATE: Apparently Santorum just freaked out at a reporter for asking a question about the K Street Project while getting off a train. Jeez, somebody's on edge. Relax, Rick. After the cooling-off period, I'm sure K Street will hire you once you involuntarily retire from public service.

|