Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

TV on the PC

Maybe it's just because I've recently gotten DSL, but 2006 appears to be the critical mass year for video on the Web. This is particularly true in the political arena. There are simply so many destinations. From Rocketboom to the Huffington Post Contagious Festival to Bloggingheads to the great Crooks and Liars, I can spend my valuable time watching my favorite obsession instead of reading it. It's only a matter of time before we have one interconnected box for print, audio, and video. I'm "watching" Chris Matthews punk Victoria Clarke right now (Chrissy has always been antiwar, so this is not a surprise).

And so many people are using visuals as a great tool for change and social justice. Just today I watched a great music video by Robert Cray which painted a powerful portrait of a soldier returning home. It's really pretty amazing to be on the sidelines (hopefully the front lines, but that's hopeful thinking) of this revolution.

|