Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Let the Record Show That They ARE Damned to Eternal Hellfire

Jerry Falwell, compassionate conservative that he is, makes a correction:

Earlier today, reports began circulating across the globe that I have recently stated that Jews can go to heaven without being converted to Jesus Christ. This is categorically untrue.

While I am a strong supporter of the State of Israel and dearly love the Jewish people and believe them to be the chosen people of God, I continue to stand on the foundational biblical principle that all people — Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Jews, Muslims, etc. — must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ in order to enter heaven.

I want to reaffirm that I am a Zionist in terms of Israel’s entitlement to its homeland. I continue to pray daily for the peace of Jerusalem, as the Bible instructs Christians to do. And I have dedicated my life and ministry to working for the peace of Israel. I dearly cherish the highly esteemed Jabotinsky Award which was given me in 1981 by Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. I have led thousands of pilgrims through the Land Of Israel during my 31 tours over 36 years. I seriously believe that few Americans have invested more time and resources in the defense of Israel in this generation.

However, I simply cannot alter my deeply-held belief in the exclusivity of salvation through the Gospel of Christ for the sake of political or theological expediency.

Like the Apostle Paul, I pray daily for the salvation of everyone, including the Jewish people.


These Jews that have teamed up with the religious right, and think that they represent hope and safety for the State of Israel need to re-read this passage. You're being used. And you're going to hell, according to your new partners. The theory of the Rapture says that there must be Jews in Jerusalem at the End Times. That's the only reason these guys support Israel. If the Bible said "the people of Mohammed" instead of "the people of Moses" it'd be a whole different story.

And remember, we have an evangelical Christian in the White House at the moment, who believes that God told him to go to war.

|