Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, April 24, 2006

Make Work Pay

Great ad from the Change to Win Coalition, a group of labor unions actively campaigning to increase union membership (imagine that). I was in another room when I heard this on CNN, I think, the other day, and I thought my television was broken since it was such a foreign-sounding message coming out of that box. Middle-class voices simply aren't heard in this political climate, and middle-class concerns aren't addressed.

Comedy Central and MSNBC have refused to air this ad. They said it's too controversial. Watch it for yourself. If it's controversial to ask for an honest day's work for an honest day's pay we're in big trouble in our new Gilded Age.

|