Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Grand Old Police Blotter, Take 984

Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling may have seen their defense go up in smoke yesterday when the judge in the case ruled that "deliberate ignorance" was not a justifiable defense. As if there was a question. "Your honor, I couldn't have defrauded my investors because I told everyone not to tell me ANYTHING about the company! Just because I told the investors the company was going great when it was about to collapse, I'm not guilty, I'm just ignorant by design!"

And the Republican governor of Kentucky was indicted today on three counts of illegally conspiring to hire or fire state workers based on their political affiliations. Which means that he's in line to be the next HUD Secretary.

If I can have a word with the RNC, could you please tell your guys to slow down with the lawbreaking? It's just very hard to keep up with the blogging. It's eating into my personal time. Smack those guys into shape.

|