Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, May 08, 2006

Very Happy To See This

I wrote earlier about how Bill Frist's $100 bribe would be an excellent example to highlight the Republican failure of governance. Ask and I shall receive, at this site from the Environmental Working Group. I caught it as a Web ad on a lot of liberal sites today, so there's at least a little money behind it.

Wow, somebody on the progressive side saw an opening and ran with it. Imagine...

I do wish it was a little more than a petition, but the language is right:

Dear Senator Frist:

I don't want a $100 bribe because Congress failed to develop a real national energy strategy.

You can keep my 100 bucks, and instead:

• GET REAL about developing alternative energy options

• GET REAL about improving fuel efficiency standards

• GET REAL about funding rail and other transportation options

• GET REAL and get rid of tax breaks for big oil

Sincerely,

[YOUR NAME HERE]

|