Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Voted

And I've got the sticker and everything to prove it.

It's Primary Day here in California, and in several other states across the country. I always think that I'll end up filling out an absentee ballot and getting it over with in a more secure way, but I never do so. I like going to the polls and spending 10 minutes for democracy every Election Day. I like getting the sticker. I haven't much liked the results lately, but as an expression of civic pride I always get a jolt in those 10 minutes. Would that the rest of the country took the whole thing as seriously.

The big races today are in the 50th District of California, where there's a special election showdown between Republican Brian Bilbray and Democrat Francine Busby to replace the Dukestir, Randy Cunningham, in Congress; the California Democratic gubenatorial primary between Phil Angelides and Steve Westly, which has been a textbook example of how NOT to run a primary race (relentlessly attack each other dishonestly while neglecting the real opponent in November); and the Montana Democratic Senate primary between John Morrison and Jon Tester, which has been a textbook example of HOW to run a primary (relentlessly attack the incumbent while explaining how they would do things differently for Montana).

But the race I'm REALLY interested in concerns Frodo for Congress.



My name is Dan "Frodo" Litwin, and I am running for Congress in California's 51st Congressional district as the first of many in the spirit of Frodo who must band together to destroy the ring.

As in the story, the ring wishes to go back to Mordor. Central power is a natural tendency, and has been gaining in the United States for over a century. We, in the spirit of the Hobbits, must now destroy the corrupting power that others try to, but cannot, control. We must pass laws to end the unconstitutional programs of Washington, and set the states free.


This guy has the comic book store vote all wrapped up.

|