Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mapchangers

I do appreciate Mark Warner's efforts to engage the netroots and work towards electing Democrats in November. I just participated in his "Mapchangers" competition. The winners of the balloting will get $5000 from his PAC, and the grand prize winner gets a fundraiser with Gov. Warner. This is the way to get traction in the netroots over a party at the Stratosphere, in my opinion (though chocolate fondue is pretty).

Here's my ballot:


My MapChangers


WEST

CA-04 Charlie Brown

Met him at Yearly Kos. Great guy to take on John Doolittle in Northeast CA.

NV-Sen Jack Carter

Also met him at YK. Pres. Carter's son.

MT-Sen Jon Tester

Progressive populist from the Great Plains.

CO-05 Jay Fawcett

Former Air Force officer "Fighting Dem" in James Dobson country.

CA-11 Jerry McNerney


EAST

PA-08 Patrick Murphy

My parent's district, I have a lot of great things to say about this 32 year-old Iraq war vet.

NY-29 Eric Massa

Another FIghting Dem. Notice a pattern with me?

VA-Sen James Webb

George Allen's worst nightmare in VA, a former Navy Secretary under Reagan.

PA-10 Chris Carney

USAF vet up against Don "Why yes, I did strangle my mistress, why do you ask?" Sherwood.

MI-09 Nancy Skinner

Environmental candidate from auto country, met her at YKos.


Want to choose your own MapChangers?





I do appreciate candidates that are building bridges to the netroots. Feingold's doing the same with his Progressive Patriots Fund. Actually, it's exactly the same.

|