Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wherein I Solve Everything

Here's my deal on this whole North Korea missile testing thing: I encourage the North Koreans to test as many weapons as possible.

Hear me out.

North Korea has an indeterminate amount of weapons. Could be 10, could be 100, could be 1,000. But it's probably closer to 10. I say this because the country isn't even doing the job of feeding its own citizens. They're a poor nation, and even with a strong military, they couldn't possibly have the infrastructure needed to mass produce hundreds or thousands of weapons under the world community's noses.

Consequently, every weapon they test is one less weapon they have.

I don't even get why a poor country like North Korea would waste time and effort testing a weapon. They'd set it off, KA-BLAM, turn to each other, nod in agreement, and then it's time for the kimchee sale. "Say, why did we test one of the only weapons we have left? I mean, we know it works, but a lot of good half a ton of depleted uranium can do for us at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean! Are we idiots or what?"

That joke being over (and who says I can't do irony?), let me say that countries with the ability to deliver massive payloads over the heads of our allies like Japan, and possibly to our shores, might deserve more of our attention than countries who we think might have just enriched enough uranium to start up a flashlight pen.

|