Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Getting Personal

As a postscript to yesterday's fireworks, yeah, somebody posted my entire set of personal info on Bill's New West Notes website. Lovely clientele he's got over there. Although the many bloggers from Kos who went over there to antagonize him didn't help. I don't condone that.

Well, whatever, I'm an open book. Like Bill said, I link to my resume here so all that personal info is out there for anyone enterprising enough to want it. It's the cost of self-promotion. I did, however, realize that it was a bit stupid and naive to put an address out there for all to see, and I changed my online resume to reflect.

This was Bill's take on it:

Someone just posted stalker Dave's real name, home address, cell and home phone numbers, and e-mail address here. Which I have deleted.

While it is true that that character is using his wildly distorted story to promote himself and his blog over at Kosworld, and that info is, as "Boris" pointed out when he posted it here, availalbe on that little clown's blog, it's not appropriate to place it here where someone might see it and start harassing him in like manner.

That's not how I do things.

Now please, evedryone, this was amusing for awhile but now it stops. Everything will be summarily deleted.


Touching.

Somehow I knew he'd blame me for a bunch of other people infiltrating his site (which I haven't posted to since the incident, and I don't condone). I did of course know what I was getting into posting the sordid story here, but I thought it was significant.

Oh, I also got a threatening couple of comments from someone known as "Dennis Morrison". One of them is grounds-for-a-lawsuit threatening.

You fucking moron.

You have your real name, home address, phone number, and cell number on this web site.

And you start a flame war blood feud with somebody?

Excuse me David Dayden, do I need to drive out to Santa Monica to tell you this? Not smart. Very dumb.


He spelled my name wrong, by the way. Like I said, a lovely clientele.

UPDATE: The dude came back to the Kos diary this morning. Scroll all the way down. Talk about digging your own grave!

|