Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Good For Sam

I am a big fan of Sam Seder and The Majority Report. I seem to mention this anecdote every time I mention Seder, but many years ago when I was in college I appeared in a student film with him. He's a great guy, hysterically funny, knows his shit, and has used his radio show on Air America to connect with the blogosphere like nobody else.

There was a lot of fear that the show would be cancelled after Janeane Garofalo left it (actually I think it made the show ten times better. I like Janeane, but she was hardly ever there, and when she was her fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants style and screechy radicalism really damaged the show's credibility). There was a letter-writing campaign to save the show. If this Boston Globe article is correct, he's just had the show picked up, moving to the 9am-12 noon slot, replacing Jerry Springer, whom I'm assuming would move to the nighttime shift. The article says it applies to LA as well, which fires me up, as I'll have more of a chance to hear him.

Great news for Sam. He's found an excellent niche on the radio. Now we need to get him more talking head appearances on the cable gabfests. Hackett and Seder would be a nice 1-2 punch.

|