Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Asalaam Aleichem, Inshallah

I officially know more Arabic than 99% of all FBI agents.

Five years after Arab terrorists attacked the United States, only 33 FBI agents have even a limited proficiency in Arabic, and none of them work in the sections of the bureau that coordinate investigations of international terrorism, according to new FBI statistics.

Counting agents who know only a handful of Arabic words -- including those who scored zero on a standard proficiency test -- just 1 percent of the FBI's 12,000 agents have any familiarity with the language, the statistics show.


By the way the military continues to fire Arabic translators because they admitted to being gay. I agree with that, I mean, if a gay man deciphered some chatter and thwarted a terrorist attack, would it really even count?

Is it me, or is the entire intelligence budget going to surveilling vegans and animal acitivists?

UPDATE: Holy crap, I just remembered that I know Al Qaeda and Hizb'allah. That puts me in the advanced class!

|