Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Company You Keep

This has the potential to be explosive. It's speculative right now, but it certainly makes a lot of sense. There are very few real secrets in the White House and on Capitol Hill. Bill Maher mentioned this on his show last week, likening it to Hollywood, where scandalous stories in the press are met with a yawn, because they're well-known to those in the know.

Well, George Bush's team is in the know when it comes to Washington. And it certainly seems like they knew Mark Foley was radioactive at some point in 2004:

Foley wrote to Gov. Bush on Sept. 29, 2004:

Have I done something to offend the White House … I am always getting the shaft … they came to ft pierce a few weeks ago and said I was not allowed to attend … yet joe negron is there …

Tomorrow Potus is in Martin County and I am told I am not allowed to be there either. I can’t quite figure what I have done but this is a continuing pattern of slights … I have constantly put the President in the best possible light on everything from haiti to hurricanes … sorry to trouble you … and I wouldn’t if this wasn’t so frequent …


More here, including Foley possibly asking for Gov. Jeb!'s advice around the time of the November 2005 email to a House page which set this whole scandal in motion.

So what we have here, if this bears out, is that the President didn't want to be seen with a dirty perv, though he didn't mind being seen last night with the guy who may have covered it up.



Birds of a feather...

|