Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, October 06, 2006

I Am A Fool

For some absurd reason I actually took a Matt Drudge story at face value, arguing that, even if it were true that one page was "pranking" Mark Foley by goading him into sending racy IMs, it was not only irrelevant but it PROVED that Foley had an ongoing problem which pages knew all about. Turns out that the page's own lawyer has called the "exclusive! Developing hard!" story "a work of fiction."

Now, the lawyer for the former page in question, 21-year-old Jordan Edmund, says the Drudge Report article is false. Calling the story "a piece of fiction," Stephen Jones told the Daily Oklahoman that "there is not any aspect of this matter that is a practical joke nor should anyone treat it that way."


I haven't been to Matt Drudge's site in several years, and this latest episode reminds me why. I'll remind you that Lynne Cheney and other White House luminaries have gone on record as saying they check out Drudge all day long.

I apologize to my readers for not immediately assuming that Drudge was full of shit.

|