Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Limbaugh: I'm A Born Liar

One of the biggest losers today, and I mean that regardless of the election, is Rush Limbaugh, who admitted he is a propagandist during his show:

The way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high! Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat [sic] Party does and liberalism.

I'm a radio guy! I understand what this program has become in America and I understand the leadership position it has. I was doing what I thought best, but at this point, people who don't deserve to have their water carried, or have themselves explained as they would like to say things but somehow aren't able to? I'm not under that kind of pressure.


I try very hard to back the candidates I honestly feel would move the country forward. Party hacks like Cruz Bustamante, for example, or even Harold Ford to an extent (though I sympathized with his being caught up in the Republican Southern Strategy), do nothing for me. People don't have to share all my values, but they have to offer something beyond the D next to their name.

Rush Limbaugh puts party over country, again and again, and he doesn't believe what he's saying. And he'll get prime spots on CBS after this, despite admitting to this complete intellectual bankruptcy.

The propagandists on the right probably do feel liberated. They're going to come after the Democratic majority with both barrels. They can be as nasty as I want. In fact, they like being the unbridled opposition; they're certainly better at it. But as they do, I think it's important to remember this statement. They're all admitted liars who front for a brand that has nothing behind it.

|