Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Predictions

You know, I haven't done the sporting thing and put my reputation on the line by giving a predictions. The scattered reports of suppression, intimidation, and machine glitches (along with the fragile instrument of democracy put in the hands of pollworkers who literally don't know the regulations) leave me thinking the Republicans might get away with one or two victories where none might otherwise exist. Nevertheless, I'm confident.

I see a gain of 28 seats in the House, with the longshots being Jerry McNerney in California-11 and Gary Trauner in Wyoming-AL (yeah, Wyoming, bitch). In the Senate, I have been wavering all day between a 5- and 6-seat pickup. I'm going to be bold and say that we get that 6th seat. Democrats will probably pick up around 7 or 8 governorships as well, which would be fantastic.

|