Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Short California Report

A couple quick California-centric things:

• You've all seen the thing where the OC Supervisor candidate badly Photoshopped himself into a photo with Ahnuld so it could look like he and the governor were best buddies, right? The guy's a modern-day Zelig!

• Dan Walters of the Sacramento Bee chronicles the lies and misstatements in the governor's budget. Simply put, saying "we're fully on budget!" is a fantasy.

• The "ban trans fats" craze comes to Los Angeles. I'm OK with it, as long as I can still eat at Fred 62 (hippest greasy spoon in town).

• I'll probably have a longer post tomorrow about this LAT story:
Three decades of tough-on-crime lawmaking has sent California's prison system into a "tailspin," creating the most pressing crisis facing the state, the government's own watchdog panel declared Thursday.

In a blistering 84-page report, the nonpartisan Little Hoover Commission linked the problems plaguing the correctional system to political cowardice among governors and lawmakers fearful of being labeled soft on crime.
Not to toot m'own horn, but I think I said EXACTLY the same thing a couple weeks ago.

G'night.

Labels: , , , , ,

|