Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Big Media D-Day

I'd like you all to head over to Capitol Weekly, an excellent newspaper covering Sacramento politics, and take a look at my op-ed on the prison crisis. I've written a lot about this issue lately because I think how we treat other human beings, no matter what offenses they have committed, speaks fundamentally to who we are as citizens. The state has dug itself into a a deep hole through neglect, a willingness to appear "tough on crime" and a belief that you could lock the problem up and throw away the key. It's a shame it doesn't get more attention, as I certainly think it merits it.

This is the second week in a row that a Calitics writer has been featured in an editorial in Capitol Weekly, and it's just another way in which the netroots is asserting itself as a force in state politics. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Labels: ,

|