Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, February 02, 2007

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Barack Obama has won the only primary that matters... the Morrissey primary. In the process, Moz slags on the commander-in-chief.

Morrissey: We’re meant to believe that the world absolutely loves T-bone steaks and Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it’s all crap. It’s not true. People really care about animals, and people don’t want to kill anything. So, when you see George W. Bush saying, “Can’t wait to cut that pig — cut into that pig tonight,” as he said on television recently, you just think, you idiot, you passé, useless, old-fashioned, redundant idiot.

Questioner: I think that anything he say...

M: Of course. Yes, I know. He’s a global embarrassment. Unfortunately, he’s turned America into the criminal nation in the eyes of the people in the Middle East — and in England.

Q: And I think, in our guts, we know. America knows.

M: But it isn’t enough, because he is still there. He’s still there; he’s still functioning, he’s still beaming all over the place, and he’s still talking about caring about the elderly and earning a round of applause, and it’s a global joke, it really is. So, who would you like to see in the White House?

Q: I actually would like to see Hillary Clinton.

M: Because?

Q: Because, well, I’d like to see a woman, but the best president that I have lived under was Bill Clinton, even though he wasn’t perfect by any means.

M: But haven’t we had enough of the Clintons?

Q: She might be better than him.

M: Well, that’s very likely, but nonetheless, haven’t we had enough of the name?

Q: Okay. Well, Barack Obama?

M: Outstanding.

Q: I don’t know enough about him.

M: Outstanding.

Q: He is really good.

M: Mesmerizing, yes.

Q: He could be president, and she could be vice president.

M: Well. [Laughs.] That suits me. Of course, it would be great to see a female president, but not just anybody. I mean, I think that Hillary has had her shot. She’s been around, she said a lot of silly things, and we don’t really want a woman for the sake of any old woman.

Q: I know, like Condoleezza Rice.

M: Well, it would never happen. Because she has the sag of cruelty about her face, her eyes, her mouth. The jowl of cruelty. She has a Nazi face. But in England, of course, we had Margaret Thatcher as prime minister, and she was diabolical. So, it isn’t necessarily the case as long as the candidate’s female. But I think he [Obama] is mesmerizing, absolutely mesmerizing.


"I will not change and I will not be nice."

P.S. My favorite part is when the fawning questioner says "I don't know that much about" Obama, and in the very next sentence agrees "He is really good." Of course, you expect that obsequiousness from the music press, but sadly this has become the standard for "real journalists," as well.

Labels: , , ,

|