Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Courage of John McCain

He's always willing to say what he believes... before apologizing for it:

HOST: Republican presidential candidate John McCain recently lashed out at Cheney and his friend, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Today, Cheney fired back.

HOST: You probably heard John McCain again come out and say that, your friend, Donald Rumsfeld, is perhaps the worst Secretary of Defense ever. What do you make of that?

CHENEY: I just fundamentally disagree with John. John said some nasty things about me the other day and then next time he saw me ran over to me and apologized. Maybe he’ll apologize to Rumsfeld.


Can anyone believe the utter contempt these Republicans hold for their constituents, when they talk out of both sides of their mouth like this? And it's not just McCain either, how about Mitt Romney, who just got his membership in to the NRA in August, just in time for campaign season. How about this trip down memory lane, which isn't ancient, it's from freakin' 2002:



If I'm an evangelical voter, or a conservative, and I'm looking at these clowns, how can I in good conscience vote for them when they do nothing but lie to me?

Labels: , ,

|