Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, February 16, 2007

Killer Crossover

Tim Hardaway made some jackass comments about gay people on a radio show (namely "I hate gay people. Let it be known, I don't like gay people."), and David Stern responded by booting him out of any All-Star Game festivities.

Setting up the Ridiculous Apology of the Year (h/t jB):

“Yes, I regret it. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said I hate gay people or anything like that,” the former NBA star told a Miami television station. “That was my mistake.


I'm sorry I said it. Out loud. Not sorry for what I said, just sorry I let you in on it. Otherwise I'd be partying in Vegas this weekend. Please accept my apology!

Actually that one's better than this other apology, where he tries to blame his homophobia on George Bush:

"There are more important things to worry about than my comments. We should be more concerned about President (George) Bush and all the people dying in Iraq."


Classic "look over here!" strategy. He tried to find the one guy in America with lower approval ratings than his.

By the way, nobody should worry about my sincere belief in the swift beheading of all Cambodians, because global warming is real.

Labels: ,

|