Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Noted Funnyman "Don Stewart"

Dana Perino, subbing for Tony Snow as the White House press secretary, played it for laughs today...

MS. PERINO: I’m not — I know that would be great to get me to negotiate from here. I would refer you back to the position of the President –

Q I don’t want to negotiate. I want a definition.

MS. PERINO: He has said that an arbitrary timetable in which we send a save-the-date card to the Iraqis is unacceptable to him.

Q So you say save-the-date? So you –

MS. PERINO: I stole that from Don Stewart. (Laughter.)


I guess she meant either the actor from Guiding Light or the minister. Or Jon Stewart, but she's too out of touch to know the difference.

Dana Perino reminds me of the kind of person who gets this extreme self-satisfaction out of saying something smart, even when she says it wrong. Unfortunately, the camera wasn't on her when she said "I stole that from Don Stewart" so I could see the shit-eating grin on her face.

Hey, let me give you some advice, Dana, that you could use for the rest of your stay. Ditch the comedy. Stick to the lies. It's what you have to do behind that podium.

Labels: , ,

|