Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, April 26, 2007

San Diego, Here We Come

I'm going to be heading to San Diego for the annual California Democratic Party convention tomorrow. I ran and won an election to be a delegate, which essentially gets me in to go to the convention, provided I pay dues and registration fees. Ahh, the spoils of victory.

While I'm under no illusions that I can wield anything approaching power immediately within such a large and entrenched system, I am interested in being part of the process and trying to help make the party more relevant and effective. I think a successful Democratic Party in the 21st century stands up for its beliefs, competes everywhere and offers a real contrast to Republican policies that have taken us a great deal backwards over the past 25 years. We can't capitulate on our values, we can't worry about the names that right-wingers will call us, we can't govern by polls or narrow compromises. We have to be bold, we have to call for real transformational change. Because that's what the country and what the people of this state want.

What I'm trying to say is that I probably won't be blogging very much. I'm going to try and bring as much color and flavor for y'all as I possibly can. Nearly all of the Presidential candidates are speaking, as well as many top Democrats statewide. I have certain other duties, like helping get resolutions to the floor, sitting in on caucuses, manning the blogging booth in the exhibit hall, floor votes, etc. And there are events like the Blue House at the Brewhouse" event with Rep. McNerney and Charlie Brown. So my time will be severely limited. But I'll do my best to check in with some updates. And Calitics will have a breadth of coverage.

If you need to know what's going on in the world outside of San Diego, check Carpetbagger. For everything else, stay here.

Labels: ,

|