Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, April 16, 2007

Well That's Just Terrible

29 dead on the Virginia Tech campus as a gunman stalked a dorm and a classroom.

I'm with Aravosis:

Why is it legal in America for you to buy an AK-47? Oh that's right, it's your constitutional right to own an AK-47. I'm sure the founders, when considering their "original intent" that the Republicans always lecture us on, had in mind assault weapons when they were really writing about muskets. I don't know what kind of gun the shooter had, but it is far too easy for any nutjob to own a gun in this country, and it needs to stop.


I know that the Democratic Party has given up on fighting gun control, but I think there's a huge difference between protecting the Second Amendment and allowing unfettered access to guns for any maniac who wants one. And the goal should not be, as I'm sure we'll hear, arming MORE people. The goal should be reasonable criminal background checks, the likes of which occur to operate a firearm in any public capacity like police work or the FBI.

I'm eagerly awaiting when they're going to find Marilyn Manson and Judas Priest so they can blame this one on them as well. The only scenes of mass death that permeate television screens every night is in Iraq, so I'm all for changing the culture, as it were.

Labels: ,

|