Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, May 14, 2007

I Gotta Take A Wiz

Yes, Tommy Thompson actually made the excuse that he unintentionally said it would be OK for a company to fire an employee just because they were gay because he had to break the seal.

Tommy Thompson cited a dead hearing aid and an urgent need to use the bathroom in explaining on Saturday why he said at a GOP presidential debate that an employer should be allowed to fire a gay worker.

"Nobody knows that," Thompson said. "I've been very sick. ... I was very sick the day of the debate. I had all of the problems with the flu and bronchitis that you have, including running to the bathroom. I was just hanging on. I could not wait until the debate got off so I could go to the bathroom."


I'm speechless.

You know, Tommy Thompson actually doesn't deserve this much ink because he has no chance of being President. But doesn't the admission that you can't think straight if you have to get your toilet on AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFYING for anyone who wants to be the leader of the free world? I mean, the pressure you have being President is a lot stronger than the pressure on your bladder.

I also was unaware that bigotry was tied to bladder control. In that case, let's buy everyone Depends and rid the world of homophobia!

Labels: ,

|