Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fred Fever

Ladies and Gentlemen: the rhetorical stylings of Fred Dalton Thompson.

I believe Frederick of Hollywood is saying something about the climate crisis in this WSJ quote:
“Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. … NASA says the Martian South Pole’s ‘ice cap’ has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too, like Pluto. This has led some people, not necessarily scientists, to wonder if Mars and Jupiter, nonsignatories to the Kyoto Treaty, are actually inhabited by alien SUV-driving industrialists who run their airconditioning at 60 degrees and refuse to recycle.”

Cheeky monkey! I'm not sure I follow. But I do look forward to more insouciant quips.

BTW, you know those faux pen-and-ink "drawings" the Wall Street Journal uses instead of photographs?

Here's what they use as Thompson's portrait:


Fred Thompson as 'The Mummy'

If I were his campaign manager, I'd be calling Paul Gigot yesterday.

Labels: ,

|