Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The "I Don't Remember" Campaign

Seriously, how long is this shtick going to hold?

Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson gave no opinion Thursday when asked about efforts by President Bush and Congress to keep Terri Schiavo alive, saying he does not remember details of the right-to-die case that stirred national debate.

Thompson was asked in an interview for Bay News 9's "Political Connections" program whether he thought Congress' intervention to save the life of the brain-dead woman two years ago was appropriate.

"I can't pass judgment on it. I know that good people were doing what they thought was best," Thompson said. "That's going back in history. I don't remember the details of it."


History? That was TWO YEARS ago. I know that those hazy, sepia-toned days of 2005 are barely recalled at all (does Google even go back that far?), but I think a candidate for President should have a memory that goes a bit beyond that morning's breakfast.

We already have a President with absolutely no sense of history. This candidate has no sense of CURRENT history. Don't ask Freddie about the Petraeus hearings, I mean, that was MONDAY.

Labels: , ,

|