Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dodd For President

Fantastic news.

The Military Commissions Act. Warrantless wiretapping. Shredding of Habeas Corpus. Torture. Extraordinary Rendition. Secret Prisons.

No more.

I have decided to place a "hold" on the latest FISA bill that would have included amnesty for telecommunications companies that enabled the President's assault on the Constitution by illegaly providing personal information on their customers without judicial authorization.

I said that I would do everything I could to stop this bill from passing, and I have.

It's about delivering results -- and as I've said before, the FIRST thing I will do after being sworn into office is restore the Constitution. But we shouldn't have to wait until then to prevent the further erosion of our country's most treasured document. That's why I am stopping this bill today.


Senator Dodd has shown the requisite courage and fortitude to earn my vote. Edwards may have done the same thing in the Senate, so I haven't given up on him. But Obama's cautious centrism is finished. The netroots has a candidate they can trust. His name is Chris Dodd.

UPDATE: Patrick Leahy continues the assault, chastises the Intelligence Committee for "caving" on immunity.

Labels: , , , ,

|