Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Friday, October 12, 2007

They Give A Nobel Prize For Being Fat?

Congreats to Al Gore, co-winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. I'm trying to figure out what he DIDN'T win this year, I think the Young Authors Foundation award was a little over the top.

The right will probably question whether he was eligible for the Nobel, prompting Michelle Malkin to visit his house and peek in the windows.

As all of these accolades raise the profile of the fight against global warming, I'm thrilled for the victory. As they all feed speculation about a run for the White House, I greet them with a twinge of dread. Although, I must say, the Draft Gore movement is pretty much the only thing interesting happening on the Web in this year's Presidential race, so I welcome that too. The cult of Gore reminds me of the time I went to Macworld, though, and every movement of Steve Jobs predicted some other product release.

UPDATE: The real joy here is seeing the right go apeshit about this.

Labels: , , , ,

|