Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Romney Accidentally Advertises On Gay.com

This story really isn't all that important, but reading on, I also learned that the "Join Team Mitt" banner ad wound up on FanFiction.net, a portal for fanboys to write homoerotic stories about their favorite fictional characters. Which inspired me to write this piece of fan fiction about Mitt Romney, informed by his accidentally advertising on Gay.com.

EXT. NEW HAMPSHIRE STREET - NIGHT

The Romney campaign bus stops, and Mitt and some staffers climb out.

MITT
Boy, what a long day. I could go for a Steve Tabernacle.

STAFFER 1
Steve Tabernacle, sir?

STAFFER 2 (whispering)
It's a male Mormon version of a Shirley Temple.

STAFFER 1 (whispering)
Wow, I'm going to have to get used to this.

Mitt looks up at the sign on the bar in front of them.

MITT
Hmm... "The Manhole." I like construction workers as much as the next guy, let's go in here!

STAFFER 1
No, Governor Romney...

Mitt meets a reveler at the door.

REVELER
Ooh, the serious look. I like it!

MITT
Well, I hope you'll choose me in January.

REVELER
Honey, I might choose you tonight!
-------
Good thing I'm not covered by the Writer's Guild, so I can bring that to you!

Labels: , ,

|