Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

United Hollywood

Sitting here on my second nonunion gig of the night, I'm not really one to talk about labor solidarity, but these guys over at United Hollywood are. One major difference between the 1988 strike and today is the ability of the writers to get their message out without a corporate media filter. This is a great little sardonic vlog from some of the writers/stars of The Office:



Back when I was funny, I worked with BJ Novak a couple times in little shows around town. I'd like to support his work and the efforts of all of those who are fighting for better wages. The fact that you know this people is immaterial to the truth that this is a typical labor strike over the typical labor issues.

There have been no negotiations, and I still question a fill-the-pie versus a grow-the-pie strategy, but for the future of Hollywood and the benefit of the creative personnel getting their fair share, I wholeheartedly support the WGA. Besides, they still have a couple of my scripts registered.

Labels: , , ,

|