Ode To A Simpler Time
George W. Bush thinks we're still living in an era where your womenfolk almost fetch as much as your best cow:
Q: Tell us about your future son-in-law, Henry Hager. Did he do right and ask for Jenna’s hand?
The President: “He kind of sidled up to me and said, ‘Can I come and see you?’ We were sitting outside the presidential cabin here, and he professed his love for Jenna and said, would I mind if he married her? And I said, ‘Got a deal.’ [Laughter] And I’m of the school, once you make the sale, move on. But he had some other points he wanted [to make]. He wanted to talk about how he would be financially responsible.”
This is part of that whole homespun man from Kennebunkport mystique, but the implication is most certainly about selling his daughter. Because, you know, the daughters can't inherit the property, so how else can he pass on those huge... tracts of land.
By the way, Henry Hager talking to W. about how he would be financially responsible must have sent him running to the dictionary to look up what "financially responsible" means.
Labels: George W. Bush, Jenna Bush, slavery






<< Home