Oscar Nods
Pretty surprising. I've only seen one of the Best Picture nominees, but seeing No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood and especially Juno up there makes an indie lover feel good. Maybe this is finally the year the Coen Brothers get the Best Picture Oscar they deserve.
Based on quick projections, I'd say No Country for Best Picture, Julie Christie (Away From Her) for Best Actress, Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood) for Best Actor, Javier Bardem (No Country For Old Men) for Best Supporting Actor, Cate Blanchett (I'm Not There) for Best Supporting Actress, The Coens or P.T. Anderson for Best Director, The Coens or P.T. Anderson for Best Adapted Screenplay, and Diablo Cody (Juno) for Best Original Screenplay.
The documentary nominees are pretty good too:
“No End in Sight” (Magnolia Pictures) A Representational Pictures Production: Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs
“Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience” (The Documentary Group) A Documentary Group Production: Richard E. Robbins
“Sicko” (Lionsgate and The Weinstein Company) A Dog Eat Dog Films Production: Michael Moore and Meghan O’Hara
“Taxi to the Dark Side” (THINKFilm) An X-Ray Production: Alex Gibney and Eva Orner
“War/Dance” (THINKFilm) A Shine Global and Fine Films Production: Andrea Nix Fine and Sean Fine
I hear Taxi To The Dark Side is amazing.






<< Home