Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Touchy, Touchy

The words of a President watching the world pass him by.

MORAN: Do you feel misunderstood in this region?

BUSH: I am. I mean, my image, 'Bush wants to fight Muslims.' And I'm concerned about it. Not because of me, personally, but because I want most people to understand the great compassion and generosity of Americans. But you know, I'm sure people view me as a warmonger, and I view myself as a peacemaker.


I'm going to go ahead and agree with "the region."

Q: But is George W. Bush still relevant? A new ABC News poll shows that less than 1/3 of Americans view him favorably. He hasn’t had majority support in three years. He laughed off my question about that.

BUSH: So what am I supposed to do? Go in the fetal position because of your polls?


This is a deeply narcissistic man; so is everyone in politics, I gather. But unique to him is an inability to cope with any contrary information. "Your poll" becomes a data point instead of the considered opinion of the American people for three years. His policies are detested but he still thinks himself the good emperor.

Labels: ,

|